Cat Scan

Cat Scan
LOL Cats are the only kind of cats I like

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The V-Word

Not THAT v-word. The one that applies to human and computer illnesses and is bound to flag this message as a malevolent carrier of software disease if I spell it out. In that sense, it's a lot like the Harry Potter V-name that shall not be named. Mention it, and you're asking for trouble.

Fortunately I have not (yet) fallen victim to the computer infection, but I have had the human variety, and a lovely 102 degree fever for about 36 hours. Fortunately we got our little veggie/herb garden put in right as the chills and aches were hitting, so I have something pretty to watch while I sip my ginger ale.

The tele-nurse was funny when I called my insurance company's hotline. "You may expect a rash to appear." Great. Since I'm already thinking exotic spider bite from browsing the tomato plants at Home Depot, that fits nicely into my paranoia.

I can definitely say I'm now caught up on my sleep, though. 5 hour nap Saturday (before I knew I was fighting off an infection), early to bed Sunday, sleeping most of Monday, and lots of naps today. Too many Little House On the Prairie episodes involved kids going blind from high fever, so I'm not taking any chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment